Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Need help with flat screen lcd monitor

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    getting somewhere

    This post is for Jorge......well I tried your suggestion:

    knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 vsync=60 nosmc nodma

    And it WORKED!

    However, just before the final knoppix screen appears, there is a small distorted image that appears very briefly at top of screen. t looks like a squashed image of the picture of when you first boot knoppix from CD at that boot prompt. Then everythings OK. NOW I have gotten this far....how do I apply the code you gave me to my HDD install???? Do I have to edit LILO and put that code line in there somewhere? I am half way there! I have tried all the other suggestions from the other people but none of them worked. I will edit the code and take out maybe "NODMA" or the other one to see if it makes that distorted image go away. But its no big deal cause its finally working. Now I just need to get it to work on my hard drive install. Any further suggestions welcome...

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    resolution stuck at 648x480

    I have noticed that my resolution is stuck at 640x480 no matter what I do! I included the code "screen=1024x768" in my bootup from CD. I know this monitor is capable of higher resolutions.
    there is a little "configure display" icon at bottom of lower right screen but if I try to configure, it only has 640x480 as the only option! I think the code "vga=normal" must be the culprit. But I need to use this code in order for monitor to work. Are there other vga codes that might work?

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Great!

    You may not need the nosmc ot the nodma. nodma is for turning off hdd accereration. dma is set as default when you boot the KNOPPIX 3.4 liveCD and should work fine with new hdds. I used nosmc in KNOPPIX 3.3 because of a weird Dell BIOS quirk and I don't need it in 3.4.

    To unstuck your 640x480 you have to find out what you video card make is and then use a cheatcode to modify what driver you use.

    Good Luck,
    AJG

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    video card

    Hi Jorge...OK I hear ya. Now As far as finding out what driver my video card uses....not sure about that. What would I have to do to find technical info on my video card? I know it is a 64 MB 3D card....its called a "MAD DOG"......So how do I use a cheat code to modify the driver? This is beyond my knowledge. If you could make a suggestion where to start I will attempt this next......I was wondering why when I finally did get the knoppix CD to boot yesterday why the info scrolling by on screen was bigger than i am used to seeing. Display is stuck at that one resolution and I thought something is up with the display. Please help further if you have time...thanks...bob58

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. boot splash screen runs in unsuported mode by monitor
    By robwelch100 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
  2. Microtek 815C flat panel monitor
    By jimeee in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
  3. DVI Flat Panel Monitor on GeForceFX 5600
    By SoulSlinger in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
  5. how to change screen/monitor setiings
    By maltta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot 6 Vintage PCI AGP Cards GeForce 256 SiS 6326 Ultra66 SATA RAID FireWire picture

Lot 6 Vintage PCI AGP Cards GeForce 256 SiS 6326 Ultra66 SATA RAID FireWire

$134.99



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software picture

Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software

$49.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



NEW Vintage Apple Computer (1995) TNT Mother Board ~ 820-0564-09 in Apple Carton picture

NEW Vintage Apple Computer (1995) TNT Mother Board ~ 820-0564-09 in Apple Carton

$285.00



10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap picture

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap

$1999.99



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML picture

Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML

$100.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00