-
I was able to boot Knoppix with a USB floppy drive and successfully installed it on my hard drive.
My only glitches were/are:
1. knx-hdinstall is not aware of USB floppies, so creating the floppies at the end of the routine do not work. I presume that the script is hard-coded to /dev/fd0 and the USB drive shows up as something else.
2. I get a CRC error when booting the HD install with LILO. I suspect that this is a result of my partitioning scheme and LILO "lives" above the 1023rd cylinder. When I ran Mandrake and Debian, I always had a small /boot partition below the hallowed cylinder. knx-hdinstall doesn't offer such luxuries yet. Loadlin works fine, so I can't say that I am Linux-less anymore. 
I guess it's time to learn GRUB!
-SUO
Similar Threads
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By Pokec in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00