2.95
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me how to tell which vesion of gcc the knoppix kernel was compiled with? I am trying to compile NVIDIA kernel driver and getting an error because the kernel was compiled with a different gcc version.
If I can't find this out I have to figure out how to hack the make file to ignore the gcc version when compiling.
Cheers
Paul
![]()
2.95
Use this command to compile Nvidia Driver.
export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-2.95
Ahh I found out how to find out the version used to compile the running kernel :
# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.20-xfs (root@Knoppix) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)) #1 SMP Mit Mär 26 15:37:36 CET 2003
--You will also see the same info if you do a ' dmesg | less '.
Originally Posted by eadz

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used
$250.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Rare Vintage Soviet KM1801VM3 (КМ1801ВМ3) 16-bit CPU Processor - White Ceramic
$99.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$94.76