Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What are the Boot options?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24

    What are the Boot options?

    OK, another quick question. When I boot my hard drive installation of Knoppix, I get four options on the boot menu. "Windows", "Linux", "Linux (2.4)-1" and "Linux (2.6)-2". I can guess what the last two are but what is the plain "Linux"? It seems redundant. When it boots, there is a line in the messages that reads "Running Linux Kernel 2.4.26". I think this is the same thing I get if I select the "Linux (2.4)_1" option.

    So could I get rid of the "Linux" option and not lose anything?

    Thanks, jimbo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120

    Re: What are the Boot options?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo62
    So could I get rid of the "Linux" option and not lose anything?
    Most definately.

Similar Threads

  1. Two Knoppix boot options?
    By kernco in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
  2. 3.4 Boot options?
    By metalfan in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
  3. Boot options
    By ovunque in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM
  4. Boot options
    By Tea_Fiend in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 08:03 PM
  5. LILO Boot Menu options
    By Wind_Walker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer picture

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer

$275.00



RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ* picture

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*

$299.99



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99



Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ picture

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ

$179.99



Vintage Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JB 80GB 7200RPM 3.5

Vintage Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JB 80GB 7200RPM 3.5" PATA IDE HDD Tested

$17.99



Vintage Gateway Solo 2100 Laptop Intel Pentium 150MHz, No Operating System picture

Vintage Gateway Solo 2100 Laptop Intel Pentium 150MHz, No Operating System

$40.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$164.95



Vintage Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51 CD SEALED picture

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51 CD SEALED

$145.00



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Full Retail Version COMPLETE 3.5

Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Full Retail Version COMPLETE 3.5" Floppy Disks Box

$100.00