-
Junior Member
registered user
What are the Boot options?
OK, another quick question. When I boot my hard drive installation of Knoppix, I get four options on the boot menu. "Windows", "Linux", "Linux (2.4)-1" and "Linux (2.6)-2". I can guess what the last two are but what is the plain "Linux"? It seems redundant. When it boots, there is a line in the messages that reads "Running Linux Kernel 2.4.26". I think this is the same thing I get if I select the "Linux (2.4)_1" option.
So could I get rid of the "Linux" option and not lose anything?
Thanks, jimbo
Similar Threads
-
By kernco in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
-
By metalfan in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
-
By ovunque in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By Tea_Fiend in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By Wind_Walker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)
$75.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99