What type of partition present on the 2° harddisk ? (ntfs,fat32,reiser,..)
Hello!
I want to transfer a file between 2 hard-disks.
When I look at the 2nd hd's properties, Knoppix 3.1 tells me, 70GB from 80 GB are free yet. But when I start to transfer I am told, theres not sufficient space on the hd.
what can i do?
thx in advance
What type of partition present on the 2° harddisk ? (ntfs,fat32,reiser,..)
its type is ext2.
and IIRC knoppix 3.1 is incapable in writing on ntfs/fat32 partitions.
i also made a test with another file.
That file did not make any circumstances while copying.
either the file, i want to copy is korrupt, or knoppix is damaged....
any help?
1)By any change did you try copy with root rights ? (or sudo)
=> if still same problem ,no rights problem
2)Or copy as means of test to another disk or partition ?
=> if still problem ,problem with source file => launch scan utility to test data integrity of harddisk.(try ultimate bootcd :
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com .
Hope this'll help,
greetzzzzz,
it isn't a rights problem...i think its knoppix'
but every time, i want t ocopy files, this f**cking copy process hans up and the whole knoppix-system hangs up.![]()

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$225.00
Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$295.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00