-
Junior Member
registered user
X crashes when viewing embedded media
Anyone know anything about this? When I tried to view anything that should play embedded in mozilla X crashes and restarts. The trailers at apple.com are an example. about
lugins says these should be handled by mplayer but no go. I used to think it was a memory problem since I only had 128M but I'm getting the same thing with 1G.
???
-
I reckon your media player is trying to use a hardware-accelerated video driver, but you have acceleration switched off in XF86Config-4, or it may even be the case that your graphics card driver doesn't do hardware acceleration.
If you could tell the media player to show video via 'x11' rather than 'xv' then provided my suspicions are right, that should solve the problem. (For the mplayer application this is done by 'mplayer -vo x11 filename'.)
-
Junior Member
registered user
I think you were right. I had to futz with mozplugger and one of the things I changed was x11 before xv. I'm awful with hardware but I thought my card (ATI Rage XL 8MB PCI) did acceleration. I tried to find someway to enable it but ended up messing up my display for the last hour.
But things are fine now.
Thanks for you help!
Similar Threads
-
By Vince Momo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 07:44 PM
-
By illcuban in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 04:20 AM
-
By dmedici in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
-
By gatzke in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99