Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: X crashes when viewing embedded media

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12

    X crashes when viewing embedded media

    Anyone know anything about this? When I tried to view anything that should play embedded in mozilla X crashes and restarts. The trailers at apple.com are an example. aboutlugins says these should be handled by mplayer but no go. I used to think it was a memory problem since I only had 128M but I'm getting the same thing with 1G.

    ???

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    30
    I reckon your media player is trying to use a hardware-accelerated video driver, but you have acceleration switched off in XF86Config-4, or it may even be the case that your graphics card driver doesn't do hardware acceleration.

    If you could tell the media player to show video via 'x11' rather than 'xv' then provided my suspicions are right, that should solve the problem. (For the mplayer application this is done by 'mplayer -vo x11 filename'.)

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12
    I think you were right. I had to futz with mozplugger and one of the things I changed was x11 before xv. I'm awful with hardware but I thought my card (ATI Rage XL 8MB PCI) did acceleration. I tried to find someway to enable it but ended up messing up my display for the last hour. But things are fine now.

    Thanks for you help!

Similar Threads

  1. Embedded Sound Object in Mozilla
    By Vince Momo in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 07:44 PM
  2. viewing my program that i use on xp with my knoppix os
    By illcuban in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 04:20 AM
  3. Viewing videos
    By dmedici in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
  4. Viewing DVD
    By gatzke in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1690.40



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Acer Aspire 16 16

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished

$519.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$452.53



Western Digital Black SN770 1TB NVME SSD picture

Western Digital Black SN770 1TB NVME SSD

$150.00



Lenovo ThinkCentre M70q i7-10700T, 2.00GHz, 16GB, 1TB, No Adapter picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M70q i7-10700T, 2.00GHz, 16GB, 1TB, No Adapter

$239.99