Quote Originally Posted by CallACD
I ran ethereal and: The apm packets are retrieved and answered. hmm
No problem on the delay; we all sometimes have to do something else than play with our toys.

hmmm is right about this sniffing. Assuming you are really sniffing the wire with a hub, that's pretty hard to understand this is happening and the system still failed. I would have wanted to know what happened in each direction though; C1 pinging NB and NB pinging C1. I'm guessing this was a result of NB pinging C1 (which would still give the SMC one last shot at killing the packet; the other way it would seem it would have to make it at that point.


Quote Originally Posted by CallACD
.. reset the smc router - and after it rebootet it all works!l
Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that. Congratulations. Thanks for posting back the final results.