Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I screwed up!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15

    I screwed up!!

    Last night I was making some last minute changes to debian and I inadvertently selected the wrong mouse settings and now my mouse doesn't work. Is there any way to bring back up the wizard, gui, or whatever that walks you through setting up your mouse? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15

    Problem resolved!

    Thanks to everyone who didn't respond, but luckily for me I fixed the problem.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Sorry, I don't know the keystrokes to replace the mouse. How did you fix it?

    Thanx,

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15

    The fix

    no problem. Basically I just used the keyboard to open a terminal and then I typed synaptic (the apt-get gui). Through synaptic, I used the keyboard to remove gpm and rebooted. When the system came up everything worked well.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    I would just like to point out that 34 minutes is a bit brief to expect a response...

Similar Threads

  1. screwed up sudo
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
  2. Am I screwed to wait?
    By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:35 AM
  3. Install and Refresh rate screwed up
    By DragonDon in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 02:10 PM
  4. Have I screwed-up apt-get?
    By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 03:32 AM
  5. HD Installs: Have you screwed one up before?
    By jdong in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99