Type 'knoppix testcd' in the bootscreen and hit enter to check the cd image quality. If it's ok use other cheatcodes. 'knoppix nodma', knoppix failsave' etc..., see cheatcodes list.
Hi .. I'm a complete newbie both here and with Knoppix (well Linux in general)![]()
I downloaded Knoppix V 3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso and burned to CD.
Booting from CD runs Knoppix through initialisation, recognition of hardware up to the point where I assume the Knoppix GUI should appear.
All I get is a quick message at the bottom of the boot screen which mentions "terminating" before a blank screen appears (no cursor).
The CD continues for maybe 30 secs then all activity anywhere stops.![]()
Any ideas - bad download ? (took me 5hrs 40mins on a 35KB/s connection !!) so I don't wanna go there again![]()
Type 'knoppix testcd' in the bootscreen and hit enter to check the cd image quality. If it's ok use other cheatcodes. 'knoppix nodma', knoppix failsave' etc..., see cheatcodes list.
Thx for reply....but problem is exactly where do I type 'knoppix testcd' ??Originally Posted by pulsar
After I hit 'enter' to start the install, the prog runs through all the checks and hardware detection, but then without a pause the screen goes to blank black with no cursor !!![]()
It's the first screen wich comes up. Below left in the screen you see boot: ..... Type in after that. Then press enter. (the cd check wil take a few minutes).
Below is a link to a page of the knoppix tutorial for newb. This might help you.
http://www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tut...t_details.html
OK ran the 'knoppix testcd' code and it reported 'Everything seems OK'. It still runs on to black blank screen with no cursor.
Checked the tutorial and cheat codes but nothing I can see relates to my problem![]()
Any advice as to what to do next - which cheat code ??![]()
Try these: 'knoppix nodma', 'knoppix noapic', knoppix failsave'.
None of those worked - same blank screenOriginally Posted by pulsar
![]()
There is an error message (always was) at the very end of the boot process, but it disappears before I can read it and 'scroll lock' won't halt the boot at that point.![]()

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00
64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$280.00