-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Network Card Problems - Help!!

Originally Posted by
carpie
Through windows, the driver is for HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter
I posted on this a while back, so I'll just quote myself here:
This card uses a MX EN5038A1 chip, which (from a quick scan of Google) seems to be VERY poorly supported under ANY version of Linux. Shame on HP (even their own tech support admits it won't work under Linux). I had the same problem with an SMC TX-1211 card. You would think that brand-name hardware would "just work."
What I wound up doing was getting another network interface card (NIC). Fortunately, Knoppix LOVES the Realtek RTL8139 chip, and there are at least 2 common cards that use it: the D-Link DFE-530TX+ and the Encore ENL832-TX+. The D-Link card sells for about $12 (I got it free with my DSL kit), I bought the Encore card for $8. Both work equally well with my DSL modem and Knoppix; I would recommend them to anyone using Knoppix; it's my new "default" NIC. A bonus: the Encore drivers for Windows are newer.
Since then, I have seen other cards with this same Realtek chip for even less, and they work just as well.
Similar Threads
-
By Nextus in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
-
By Trikster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:07 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By corwinspyre in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2003, 03:46 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC
$62.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130
$119.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description
$135.00