-
Keyboard German QWERTZ in system terminals,Want US QWERTY
I've found a couple of threads discussing this problem, but mine is slightly different. I chose the first of the three install options (beginner?) and it's mostly working very well. I had to change the keyboard and language for KDE and Mozilla. They're fine now.
But when I use a system terminal (ctrl-alt F1, for example), the keyboard is German. The other discussions I've read had several suggestions, and I think i've tried them all. I was sure that editing /etc/sysconfig/i18n would do the trick. Unfortunately, every time I boot, this gets changed back to the de_DE... stuff. When I tryto reconfigure locales, I get this:
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = "de",
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "de_DE@euro"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
Generating locales...
en_US.ISO-8859-1... done
Trying to purge locales gives much the same.
I suspect that the difference in whether a particular "fix" works depends on which type of install was done. I hope someone has a fix or workaround for this.
Patrick
Similar Threads
-
By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
-
By majo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By CSY in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:10 PM
-
By GREGC in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99