-
swap file is gone after reboot
My old PC has on 48 Mb RAM.
I have done a HD install.
Before KDE starts, it tells me that there is not
enough memory and a swap file can be
created on a DOS partition.
I let it create a 300 Mb swap file in a 600 MB DOS partition.
This works fine. I use the PC for a few hours and then I shut down the PC.
Come back a few hours later and again - Before KDE starts,
it tells me that there is not enough memory and a swap
file can be created on a DOS partition. What happened
to the 300 Mb swap file we just created?
How can I make a swap file permament?
Do I need to use the DOS partition?
Can I create a swap file in the current ext3 partition?
-
Senior Member
registered user
You may create a special swap-partition.
In fdisk, you specify the partition-type 82 (Linux-swap) and call mkswap (man mkswap for correct parameters).
-
Similar Threads
-
By ddrex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By herbyweed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
-
By MatthiasR in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 09:33 PM
-
By helios17 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 04:12 AM
-
By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working
$44.99

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00