You may create a special swap-partition.
In fdisk, you specify the partition-type 82 (Linux-swap) and call mkswap (man mkswap for correct parameters).
My old PC has on 48 Mb RAM.
I have done a HD install.
Before KDE starts, it tells me that there is not
enough memory and a swap file can be
created on a DOS partition.
I let it create a 300 Mb swap file in a 600 MB DOS partition.
This works fine. I use the PC for a few hours and then I shut down the PC.
Come back a few hours later and again - Before KDE starts,
it tells me that there is not enough memory and a swap
file can be created on a DOS partition. What happened
to the 300 Mb swap file we just created?
How can I make a swap file permament?
Do I need to use the DOS partition?
Can I create a swap file in the current ext3 partition?
You may create a special swap-partition.
In fdisk, you specify the partition-type 82 (Linux-swap) and call mkswap (man mkswap for correct parameters).
Thanks. That worked.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99