-
swap file is gone after reboot
My old PC has on 48 Mb RAM.
I have done a HD install.
Before KDE starts, it tells me that there is not
enough memory and a swap file can be
created on a DOS partition.
I let it create a 300 Mb swap file in a 600 MB DOS partition.
This works fine. I use the PC for a few hours and then I shut down the PC.
Come back a few hours later and again - Before KDE starts,
it tells me that there is not enough memory and a swap
file can be created on a DOS partition. What happened
to the 300 Mb swap file we just created?
How can I make a swap file permament?
Do I need to use the DOS partition?
Can I create a swap file in the current ext3 partition?
Similar Threads
-
By ddrex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By herbyweed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
-
By MatthiasR in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 09:33 PM
-
By helios17 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 04:12 AM
-
By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99