-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix fails to obtain an IP via DHCP from the ADSL Router.
Ok, I have tried this alone and by using this [great] forum but I give-up!
I am using Knoppix as a learning exercise so far and havent played with it much.. apart from this annoying problem, and installing it in the first place
I have a made a dual-boot laptop build (XP and Knoppix 3.3) and when in XP, the machine will get a DHCP address from the ADSL router (its address is 192.168.200.254).
When I boot into knoppix HD install, the card (eth0) comes up but does not obtain an address.
Pump seems to try and do something as it appears in memory after every boot..
If I set the IP details manually, all works well... but as soon as I try DHCP, all fails.. Netcardconfig does not work - always fails..
My /etc/network/interfaces has:
"auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp"
(I added these after installation).
My resolve.conf has
"nameserver 192.168.200.254"
which is what helps me connect to the net when I use manual IP addressing..
ifconfig does not show any ip details, naturally.
Someone, please explain why DHCP is not working for me!!
Thanks in advance guys (and girls?)
Similar Threads
-
By dundas in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
-
By frenco in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
-
By k225yt in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By ForbiddenSword in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-31-2004, 05:26 AM
-
By master_b in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95