Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SCSI Controller Tekram DC-395U

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3

    SCSI Controller Tekram DC-395U

    Hello,
    I'm searching for a kernel module (dc395x_trm.o) for a Tekram DC-395U SCSI controller for KNOPPIX V3.1. Can somebody tell me where I can get it.
    Thanks.
    Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Maybe here:

    http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/dc395/

    The download links seemed to work OK.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3
    Thank you for the link. But I found only the sources there. I have no idea how to make a module.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Here's a brief how to on compiling from source. It isn't always the same but this will give you the general idea. Virtually all tarballs have instructions on how to install/compile. You will find them after you untar it.

    cd /the_directory_where_you_downloaded_your_tarball

    then do a:

    tar xzvf dc395-141.tar.gz<---insert the name of your tarball here.

    This will create a new directory called dc395-141-do a:
    cd /dc395-141

    After you cd to the new directory you will see alot of files. There is usually a 'README' or some info on how to compile and install. This is generally how it goes:

    ./configure
    make
    make install
    make clean


    You can always do a:
    info tar too. I think the info pages are better than man pages myself-much more informative. Post back if you need further assistance.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3
    Ok, I have untar the file and open the README file and follow up the install instructions.
    I should copy the files to "/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi". How can I do this? This directory is located on CD-ROM and therefore read-only.
    The next thing is: Are all sources on CD? Under /usr/src/linux I see only 2 directories "documentation" and "include".

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    oH.....I thought you had installed it to your hard drive - my bad. Anyway......... I have installed Knoppix myself so I don't know alot about additional modules. There is 'persistent home' but I think that's only for the home directory and would save setting like browser preferences, backgrounds and such. I do know that booting 'expert' mode allows you to load additional modules from a floppy. I might be as easy as simply extracting the module to a floppy and then telling Knoppix to load the module on boot but it's probably a little more complicated than that. Sorry I can't give you more direction. I would repost with a title of "how to load module from floppy at boot" or something similar - hopefully someone here at this forum can help you out. I'll keep my eyes open. gluck

Similar Threads

  1. SATA and SCSI, SCSI not detected
    By geoffleach in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
  2. adaptec scsi controller
    By GameManK in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
  3. Need help with ny RAID controller
    By Roemer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 02:51 PM
  4. Looking for driver for Tekram DC 395U to boot Knoppix v3.2
    By Dr.Schnappata in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 09:46 AM
  5. I can't see my Scsi scanner on a Tekram 315
    By TOM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Polycom VVX 410 12-lines VoIP Phone picture

Polycom VVX 410 12-lines VoIP Phone

$15.00



Cisco ATA191-3PW-K9 ATA 191 2-Port Analog Telephone VoIP Adapter T8B7 picture

Cisco ATA191-3PW-K9 ATA 191 2-Port Analog Telephone VoIP Adapter T8B7

$110.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28