-
Senior Member
registered user
Left field hardware question
I doubt anybody herecan help, but you've all been so helpfull with everything else, I'll give it a try.
I have a PocketPC runnig the standard PocketPC2002 OS. I realize that syncing the way I did in windows is nie on impossible, but I'd like to get network through the sync cable. That would allow me to everything I care about as far as syncing, but I don't even know where to start. I'm sure this is possible, but Ihaven't got a clue.
At one point there was a program at Source Forge called SynCE for just this task, but it apears to be gone. Any sugestions welcome.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Where on the PC does this 'sync' cable connect? I have never seen one.
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Looks like Lars hooked you up- If you've installed Knoppix to your hard drive you should be able to get the .deb's they recommend. Let us know how it goes eh?
-
Senior Member
registered user
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! When I couldn't find SynCE anymore I was crushed. I Thought I was SOL. You saved me. thank you SO MUCH!
-
Senior Member
registered user
This install is still WAY TOO complex for the linux noob but I'm sure I'l get it eventualy. Any tips beyond the directions on the website? If it matter's i'm useing a Dell Axim X5
-
Senior Member
registered user
Get the .debs - they are very easy to install. In fact if you're using KDE then you could use KPackage manager. Personally I prefer to use Midnight Commander. Open a term, become root, and type mc Navigate to where you saved your packages, open it up (with <enter>) move to 'install' and hit enter again. If you don't know which version of Debian you are running- open a term and type
cd /etc
mcedit debian_version
That will tell you which .debs to get. It's also very easy to compile from source. That is those files labled 'tar.bz' & 'tar.gz'. Post back if you need further assistance.
Similar Threads
-
By scottjf8 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 01:43 PM
-
By sharkn in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 04:23 PM
-
By obsoleto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By duah55 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 08:20 PM
-
By garyng in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 09:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08