You should add nofstab option to your lilo.conf (append="nofstab")
That option prevent system to replace fstab on every boot.
Hi,
I have installed Knoppix 3.4 from CD to my harddisk. My problem is, that on every boot the /etc/fstab is being generated new. So I can't make new mountpoints, or add a partition. How can I stop it, that this generated new?
Thanks in advance, Christoph
Sorry for my english, I'm german![]()
You should add nofstab option to your lilo.conf (append="nofstab")
That option prevent system to replace fstab on every boot.
Hi,
thank you!
It works very good!
Christoph

RARE NEW Leading Edge Model DC-2014 Keyboard Vintage PC Keystroke Sound ALPS
$349.95
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Used Computer Motherboard Dell Dimension 2400
$80.00
Very Rare MAI Basic Four 4309 EVDT Terminal Keyboard 400433-001 Vintage 1983
$349.95
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00