-
can I install to second HD - other has XP? i'm a dummy!!
Hi,
OK, im totally new to linux and have never installed it.
I currently run XP and have tried coLinux but had problems getting a network connection (I have a router). I have a spare HardDrive in my PC (x86) and would like to install Knoppix or Debian (are they the same?). I would have thought that since I have a DVD of knoppix and it runs like a dream with network working etc... that I could copy all these files to my free harddrive and away I go..... but I do not see any information on how to do this... I'm thinking it's not going to be that easy.
Please advise on how to install this on my second harddrive so I can boot to either XP or Linux.
Remember i'm new to linux (know a few basic commands) so nice easy help is what I need.
Please help 
Regards,
Stuart
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99