Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new to knoppix and I have been experiencing a small problem with my (SB audigy) soundcard and XMMS. When I first installed knoppix to my HD the sound worked fine (after alsa-autoconfig) but after some fooling around with upgrades it stopped working
I tried booting the 2.6.4 kernel and weird enough it still worked there, but then again I didn't fool around with that one
I've been spending a few days reading this forum and found several interesting thread but so far none has helped me out.
first I tried alsa-autoconfig, worked seemingly fine, but no sound still..
after some reading I found my way to the sndconfig script, which detected my sound card, but told me the module emu10k1.o wasn't in my module search path.
so I tried to modprobe it, the result are listed below:
at this point I am lost... can someone gimme a pointer? or a solution perhaps?Code:root@crap:/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1# modprobe emu10k1 /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o: init_module: No such device Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o failed /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o: insmod emu10k1 failed![]()


Reply With Quote










