-
I think at the boot prompt you should be able to enter: knoppix vesa, (resolution desired). I do not know that the resolution you desire is possible though with the standard vesa driver. If you know the video chipset you may be able to specify it instead of vesa. You should be able to go to /etc/sysconfig/xserver and view what driver is used. Again if you have vesa you may not get the resolution you want, I simply don't know its limitation. If you have a driver that is for the chipset or one from the same company you can edit your /etc/x11/xf86config file and under the section labeled under "standard server" you wil find resolutions listed. Add the resolution you want to the front of the list. Save the file and restart, if it can't do the resolution it will move on to the next in the list automaticaly.
As for the wlan card I have had no luck with them. if the Knoppix wlan tool on the knoppix menu item does not recognize the card you may be screwed unless you can find someone with the same card and linux hack knowhow to assist you. Otherwise there are tools out there for loading windows drivers in linux and they work, so I'm told. The only problem is that they require kernel 2.4.2 or lower to run. I couldn't get ndiswrpper or linuxant driver loader to work on mine and I figured that it was the kernel.
I wish you luck on your issues.
Similar Threads
-
By pittuck in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 03:33 PM
-
By chiefreborn in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:12 AM
-
By chiefreborn in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:09 AM
-
By lozzy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:58 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72