-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Dexter
I have a hard drive installation of this I'm not sure as how to get to the root I'm guessing. I've tried editing that file and it says I can not. I know a couple programs I've tried to open asking for the root password.
When starting up my laptop I get 3 choices linux, linkux 2.6 and linux 2.7 these are guess on numbers but I always choose the last one. Is there actually a way to have it not display this screen and load a kernal. LoL sorry for the questions but I'm new to lnux a little still but I love it an can't wait till I know it
When you installed you should have been asked for a root password. So this is the one to use if apps ask for it. If you want to become root from the command line just do this: /bin/su and then you will be asked for your password.
You get an entry for 2.7? I think you mean 2.4 and 2.6. There are no 2.7 kernels yet afaik.
Similar Threads
-
By pittuck in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 03:33 PM
-
By chiefreborn in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:12 AM
-
By chiefreborn in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:09 AM
-
By lozzy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:58 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99