-
Getting the timezone correct
Up to now I've been ignoring the fact that when I boot Knoppix 3.4 (2004/.5.17) the local timezone is assumed to be EDT America/NewYork. But I'm trying to get a satellite prediction program working and my timezone has to be correct.
I have determined that my hardware clock is set to local time.
When I boot with the cheatcode:
it makes no difference to the displayed timezone. It's still EDT but should be CST and the /etc/localtime file is also EDT.
I've put some debugging in knoppix.sh and the TZ variable is being set to the correct zone from the tz= cheatcode but it makes no difference.
If I do the following as superuser:
Code:
TZ=America/Regina
export TZ
hwclock -s
the monitor goes weird until I hit a key but then the timezone has been set correctly.
Why doesn't specifying the correct tz= cheatcode set the correct time at boot up and how do I fix it?
Best Wishes
Pete
Similar Threads
-
By pavel7nl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 09:57 PM
-
By doclalor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 10:40 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
-
By olivers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 10:07 PM
-
By alex+ in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA)
$11999.95

Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T-LD1-11 Server RAM M386A4G40DM1-CRC5Q
$119.00

(LOT OF 20) *MIXED BRAND* 8GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$160.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Lot of 12 SK Hynix HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC RAM
$749.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00