-
Easy Newbie Question
Hello from Music City, USA!
Newbie to everything Linux here. I've been hearing about Linux from Kevin Rose and others on G4/TechTV and have decided to give this a try.
I've downloaded a 689 meg file named:
KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN
and burned it to a CD-R. I've gone into my bios and changed my settings to boot to CD first, but it pauses briefly when booting up, and the STILL goes into Windows XP.
I'm must be doing something foolishly wrong but I'm not sure what. Could someone please help me out?
Thanks,
Jivedaddy
-
Senior Member
registered user
Burn as image not as data.
-

Originally Posted by
shah
Burn as image not as data.
Heh
That's the same mistake this newbie made !
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Cool, works now, thank you ~
That did it!
Thanks a bunch!
I was burning it (3 spent CD's) as a data file. Now it loads like a charm. I even tried it in my Toshiba notebook and it worked flawlessly.
Felt very weird to not be in Windows and on an open source OS. Almost like a rebel.
Thanks, now I'll have to spend hours and hours messin' with it!
Jivedaddy
-
If you use nero: when it starts up close the wizard dialog that up and from the main window choose the top toolbar item labeled "recorder". In the drop down list select "burn from image" navigate to the folder the iso is in and select it. The burn dialog will pop up. select burn and tell it to finalize the burn when done. That's it, reboot and this time it will boot knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By Prons in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 02:51 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By mark1221 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 07:25 PM
-
By dhawton in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:26 PM
-
By JMichael in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 08:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99