Burn as image not as data.
Hello from Music City, USA!
Newbie to everything Linux here. I've been hearing about Linux from Kevin Rose and others on G4/TechTV and have decided to give this a try.
I've downloaded a 689 meg file named:
KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN
and burned it to a CD-R. I've gone into my bios and changed my settings to boot to CD first, but it pauses briefly when booting up, and the STILL goes into Windows XP.
I'm must be doing something foolishly wrong but I'm not sure what. Could someone please help me out?
Thanks,
Jivedaddy![]()
Burn as image not as data.
HehOriginally Posted by shah
That's the same mistake this newbie made !
![]()
How To Burn An ISO-Image:
http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.ht...0Burning%20ROM
That did it!Thanks a bunch!
I was burning it (3 spent CD's) as a data file. Now it loads like a charm. I even tried it in my Toshiba notebook and it worked flawlessly.
Felt very weird to not be in Windows and on an open source OS. Almost like a rebel.![]()
Thanks, now I'll have to spend hours and hours messin' with it!
Jivedaddy
If you use nero: when it starts up close the wizard dialog that up and from the main window choose the top toolbar item labeled "recorder". In the drop down list select "burn from image" navigate to the folder the iso is in and select it. The burn dialog will pop up. select burn and tell it to finalize the burn when done. That's it, reboot and this time it will boot knoppix.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM
$70.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
128GB (4x32GB) SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4
$950.00
Lot of 42 - 8GB PC4-2400T,2666V,3200AA Ram/Memory Modules Mixed lot,336GB Total
$1300.00
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00
32GB (2x16GB) SK Hynix PC4-2666V DDR4-21300 Desktop Memory HMA82GU6JJR8N-VK
$109.99