Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: USB Keyboard

  1. #1

    USB Keyboard

    ok I have looked around quite a bit but I have never found a straight answer. How can i get knoppix to recognize my USB keyboard? I don't have a ps/2 adapter nor do i have money to buy one so that is out. a regular ps/2 keyboard is out as well for obviously similar reasons. I am having the exact same problems with mandrake but I figure I would take care of knoppix first as i am having less problems with it. any help would be Greatly appreciated!! thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    perhaps you need to load a module for that.
    I need
    uhci-hcd while others might need ohci-hcd or ehci-hcd, depending on the usb-controller.
    modprobe usbhid might be needed to, and some usbk[ey]b..?

    But I don't know how you shall input these commands, without keyboard. Do you have remote access to the machine?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    My usb mouse and usb keyboard are both auto detected....

    Regards,
    AJG

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by user unknown
    But I don't know how you shall input these commands, without keyboard. Do you have remote access to the machine?
    Is there a character map program? Maybe that will help. BTW, I'm having the same exact problems with a Compaq USB keyboard...=(

  5. #5

    Solved

    I fixed it by giving it the "nousb" cheatcode on boot. Hope this works for you guys as well...

Similar Threads

  1. No Keyboard under SMP
    By blockme in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:43 AM
  2. USB keyboard w/ Knoppix 3.3??
    By The Fader in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 11:37 PM
  3. help on keyboard!
    By gENO in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 01:09 AM
  4. the keyboard is not recognized
    By Robert in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
  5. UK Keyboard
    By ian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$159.99



Samsung 16GB PC5-38400 DDR5 4800 MHz SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM picture

Samsung 16GB PC5-38400 DDR5 4800 MHz SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM

$169.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99



G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3600 DIMM XMP 2.0 picture

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3600 DIMM XMP 2.0

$320.00