-
Senior Member
registered user
what are the benefits of dhcp in a LAN?
I see a lot of people, using dhcp for their lan, and don't understand the benefits.
I'm used to static IPs.
My example is: I have a /etc/host:
192.168.4.2 desktop
192.168.4.3 laptop
To make a filetransfer, I start
on the desktop, and
on the laptop.
When I use dhcp, will the laptop find the desktop too?
I need a hardware-router for this - or an additional service running permanently in the background, don't I?
Similar Threads
-
By DiabloGN in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By syco in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 03:59 AM
-
By jreiser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:45 PM
-
By tyiooo in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:28 AM
-
By kcbnac in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99