-
Junior Member
registered user
I would also like to see default knoppix home-scan myconfig=scan at boot.
Since I regularly use Windows, as sole user, I'm not used to waiting for a boot message. My habit is to get up and do something while the system takes forever to boot. Thus, I habitually miss the boot prompt in Knoppix. My home and config are stored in a small FAT32 partition on the hard drive (I could use a USB stick, if necessary). I use the same partition to place copies of items that I want to view with Knoppix Konqueror or Mozilla, without the need to find files elsewhere.
If someone is trying Knoppix for the first time, there will not be an existing home or config. So, how could it hurt to scan for them? When they are not found, it will not bomb Knoppix, will it? And, if there is an existing home and config from another user on the system, the only way it would be harmful would be if the other user left some private information - but that would apply to any file on the computer.
Why I use Knoppix (occasionally): I want to verify that my web site and True Type fonts will work in Linux. Also, I am told that certain peculiarities or the Safari (Mac OS-X) web browser can be seen in Konqueror.
Elsewhere on this forum, on the same topic, I read about an isolinux hex editor, for possibly changing the iso (on hard drive) and re-burning. I have not tried it. But if it works, that would be an adequate solution.
Similar Threads
-
By killozap in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
-
By djtwok in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 10:43 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By manghat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 11:54 PM
-
By andyed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99