-
Junior Member
registered user
Ah, I can understand the security issue. By I myself have no problem there (sole user of laptop computer), and I do not do any work that needs privacy protection. In fact, my work is all on the Internet in public view.
Using only easy to find, free software, I have been able to do this:
(1) Split the Knoppix ISO file into 14 units of 50Mb or less, so that I don't choke RAM.
(2) Using a hex editor, edit a split file (kkeping same number of bytes). So far, I scanned for "######" and substituted a few characters, as a test.
(3) Reassemble the split, producing an ISO file the same size as the original, but with some characters changed.
(4) ISO-record the changed file to CD, producing a bootable CD that works perfectly. My changes do not seem to have injured anything. But my changes were not functional.
So my question is, if I want to insert "Knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan" into the ISO (using above method), where do I put it? Keep in mind that I am a Windows user, not the dumbest guy on the block, but I know nothing about Linux file structure or commands. What I am trying to do is verify that my web site works the same way in Konqueror as in IE, Firefox, Mozilla, etc. So far, there are differences (as well as differences in Safari). The differences are not trivial box-model things. Using Knoppix with Konqueror helps me see things a different way.
Similar Threads
-
By killozap in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
-
By djtwok in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 10:43 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By manghat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 11:54 PM
-
By andyed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99