The file he is talking about is /etc/fstab but the line should start with /dev/sda1.
I'm having the same problem, except I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm new to the whole linux thing, just using it to recover some important files off a friends machine. Someone referred to a doc with this information, where can I find that, and what are the first steps I can take to recognizing the drive?
Thanks,
Hamid.
The file he is talking about is /etc/fstab but the line should start with /dev/sda1.
Ok, so whats the first things i should type in console to detect/install the drive?
Sorry for this newb question, but its really important my friend gets these files.
There are three questions on the last page - so what means 'the same problem'?
First the optimistic test:
while /mnt/usb has to exist.Code:mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb
Test with
and create it withCode:ls -la /mnt
Code:mkdir /mnt/usb

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD
$48.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95