-
Junior Member
registered user
Major problem in HD installation of knoppix !
After creating a linux partition of 2 GB, I started knoppix-installer.It said something like "Your configuration is not suitable for hard disk install.You need atleast 2GB or more.Also we need a swap partition with atleast 128 MB, if you don't have 512 MB memory or more.If you want to ignore this and still install do IGNORE_CHECK sudo knoppix-installer at your own risk" or something like that.In the next window it asked to repartition or quit.But when I started with that "IGNORE_CHECK sudo knoppix-installer" command it didn't detect and asked which type of install you want with some options and I selected the preferred one hd-install and next window appeared (i think xdialog configuration) and it showed how to use xdialog with many options and at the bottom the following was written,
(1) This Xdialog binary compiled with lpr -P <Printer> /tmp/xdialog.tmp to the print command. If <Printer> is "" (an empty string), the -P is not used.
Then when I clicked next it returned to the original shell from where I entered knoppix-installer command and the above same thing was written in that too.
And initially When I did partitioning using qtparted the following was displayed in the shell.I forgot to mention this at first because this is the first step I did even before installation.
No implementation: This ext2 filesystem has an rather strange layout! Parted can't resize this (yet).
So why is this happening.Actually mine is a 4 GB harddisk, with 2 partitions of 2 GB each.I have windows installed in one of the partitions and I wanted to install linux in the other one.But when I wrote linux partition table in this drive using "qtparted" originally it was 2 GB but after writing partition to disk its size reduced to something like 1.85 GB. So maybe is this the cause its not proceeding with installation? I have some free space in windows drive.Maybe is it possible to add that free space to this linux drive and make it like 2.5 GB ? I am really struggling.Please help me.Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By cryptos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By zakmen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 02:33 PM
-
By weters in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:37 AM
-
By ibrewale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:32 PM
-
By ExtremeHobo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00