Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't get SB Live Value soundcard to work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    Can't get SB Live Value soundcard to work

    Let me preface this by saying that I am a total newbie to Linux, so it won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to hold my hand through this!!

    I just booted into Knoppix 3.6 on my second computer, and it appears to be working fine. There are 2 problems (I will only try tackling one here.) I can't seem to get the soundcard to work. I have run through the soundcard configuration in the Knoppix menu, and it gives me the following:

    A PCI Sound card was found in your system. The details are:
    Creative Labs [Soundblaster Live!] EMU10K1X

    I click OK, then it gives me the following error:

    ---No Driver Available ------
    The module used for your card emu10k1.o is not currently in your module search path. Please verify that your kernel modules are correctly installed.

    I click OK and then that's it.

    Can someone point me in the right direction? It looks like Knoppix is recognizing the soundcard, but doesn't have the driver installed? If so, where can I get the driver and how do I install it.

    Thanks in advance for all help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1

    Sound Blaster live... solution, I hope.

    I had the exact same problem...

    Reading in this forum I founded the solution for me , and I have registered only for reply your message.

    do this:

    run "/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig" as root.

    This load your sound modules into the system.

    Run Kmix an unset the mute volume for all inputs/outputs.
    Try to run Xmms for example, and load a file ... play ... ooooooh! Wanderful!

    That's all.. and sorry for my bad english.
    Bye from Spain

Similar Threads

  1. how to get soundcard to work
    By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:09 AM
  2. soundcard - Creative Live 5.1 no sound
    By pauly999 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:22 AM
  3. Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
    By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
  4. live-cd can't get network to work
    By hicks in forum Networking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 02:36 AM
  5. C-Media 8738 soundcard doesnt work
    By ROBiNBOS in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11 picture

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$354.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99