-
Junior Member
registered user
Mouse doesn't work after hdinstall
My mouse (Logitech, no usb) doesn't work anymore after a hard drive install. It did work on Knoppix-Live. I can't use the knoppix live anymore, because of a minor partition problem.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Mouse doesn't work after hdinstall

Originally Posted by
Taldor
My mouse (Logitech, no usb) doesn't work anymore after a hard drive install. It did work on Knoppix-Live.
It's probably just your XF86Config-4 file. You can simply copy that file from Knoppix cd to hdd install. Assuming you installed Knoppix to /dev/hda1, boot knoppix then:
su
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda1/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
Overwrite exisitng? yes
I can't use the knoppix live anymore, because of a minor partition problem.
Not sure I follow you. How does Knoppix live cd not work because of a partition problem? It shouldn't make any difference what you have on your hdd partitions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you using Kernel 2.6? I had a lot of mouse problems with 2.6, try 2.4 again.
Good Luck,
AJG
-
Junior Member
registered user
Actually I had mouse dection problems with 2.4. 2.6 solved the problems. Go figgure!?!?!?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Mouse doesn't work after hdinstall

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi
Not sure I follow you. How does Knoppix live cd not work because of a partition problem? It shouldn't make any difference what you have on your hdd partitions.
I made a partition for the files of the knoppix cdrom, because I can't burn cdroms. From there I installed knoppix on another partition. Now for an unknown reason the partition with the cdrom files is hidden. (It wasn't hidden before the installation.)
When I use kernel 2.6 everyting works fine.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Kram
Actually I had mouse dection problems with 2.4. 2.6 solved the problems. Go figgure!?!?!?
No suprise really. You need differnt options in XF86Config-4 for 2.6.* kernels.
-
I have the exact same problem! My mouse works in 2.6 and not 2.4...
So all I do is run the Live CD, and copy the Xconfig file?
-
If it's a PS/2 mouse you should have this at the top of the file:
Section "ServerLayout"
<snip>
InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
And this a bit further down:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice" #for 2.6. Try /dev/psaux for 2.4
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
EndSection
Just try changing the one line there for different kernels.
Similar Threads
-
By gazza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:18 PM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 04:20 PM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
-
By Kahhhtt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 12:47 PM
-
By sufisuley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP
$153.98

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99

Cisco 7942G IP VoIP Telephone Phone 7942 (CP-7942G)
$15.95

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07