-
Junior Member
registered user
NooB question; cross platform networking
I am networked through a DHCP router. The other computer is 98SE.. My printer is on THAT pucher. KISS, how do I get that printer to print my docs. My wife uses both OpenOffice and M-snots word. I can sneaker-net OO, but once in a while I would like to print from my computer. Any input????Plus OO should be able to edit word docs.
-
Senior Member
registered user
What you need is samba, to comunicate between your linux and "Bill Gates".
Once you set your samba and able to share files, you can set your printer using kde printer wizard. Select SMB shared printer.
I could be wrong, because I'm so poor and cannot afford a printer.
Similar Threads
-
By nihat in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
-
By T-Dob in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 05:01 AM
-
By mstlyharmlss in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
-
By philski27 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
-
By MSantangelo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49