-
Knoppix26 3.4 kernel panics on ThinkPad 770x
I'm trying to run knoppix 3.4 on my IBM ThinkPad 770x laptop, using
the 2.6 kernal.
I'm doing the following;
knoppix26 lang=us noscsi noapic nolapic failsafe
and I'm getting a kernel panic message;
Code: 8b 46 0c 8d 48 6c f0 ff 48 6c 78 4f52 56 e8 7b ff ff ff 89
<0>kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
So far, none of the tips I've found on the web site has helped.
Any further suggestions?
BTW, knoppix 24 boots as advertised
-
the latest cd still kernel panics
I just grabbed the latest version 3.6
Again, when I attempt to start using "knoppix26", it kernel-panics. It
scrolls way too fast to see where it starts, but I see this on the
screen.
printing eip:
c01908a2
*pde = 0000000
Oops: 0000 [#1]
PREEMPT SMP
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0
EIP: 0060:[<c01908a2>] Not tainted
EFLAGS: 00010286 (2,6,7)
EIP is at sysfs_hash__and_remove+0x6/0xf9
eax: 000000000 ebx: c04255534 ecx: c13a326c edx: c0364890
esi: 000000000 edi: 000000001 ebp: c04253c0 esp: c1233e40
ds: 007b es: 007b ss: 0068
Proess swapper (pid: 1, threadinfo=c1232000 task=c1235670)
Stack: c04255534 c0364990 c0202dd5 00000000 c042555c c0425534 c04258d0 c0202ed3
c04255534 c0425534 c020231f c0425534 c0425534 c042544c c0202357 c0425534
c12320000 c0229d7e c0425534 c13a7b48 c1290000 c7ec5798 00000000 00000001
Call Trace:
[<c0202dd5>] device_release_driver+0x19/0x50
[<c0202ed3>] bus_remove_device+0x33/0x60
[<c020231f>] device_del+0x3f/0x6c
[<c0202537>] device_unregister+0xb/0x6c
[<c0229d7e>] ide_unregister+0x3f2/0x51c
[<c022a060>] ide_register_hw+0x15c/0x16c
[<c0235d3e>] idepnp_probe+0x9a/0xc4
[<c01e7b74>] match_device+0x24/0x3c
[<c0235ca4>] idepnp_probe+0x0/0xc4
[<c01e7cc2>] pnp_device_probe+x4e/0x88
[<c0202ca6>] bus_match+0x2e/0x50
[<c0202d97>] driver_attach+0x2e/0x50
[<c0202f60>] bus_add_driver+0x60/0x6c
[<c02031fc>] driver_register+0x34/0x38
[<c01e7d74>] pnp_register_driver+0x28/0x58
[<c03cdcea>] pnpide_init+0xa/0xc
[<c03cd584>] ide_init+0xa/0xc
[<c03b484b>] do_initcalls+0x44/0x5c
[<c01004dc>] init+0xe0/0x234
[<c01003f4>] init+0x0/0x234
[<c0104221>] kernel_thread_helper+0x5/0xc
Code: 0b 46 0c 8d 48 6c f0 ff48 6c 0f // e3 00 00 00 ff 74 24 10
<0>Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
-
Junior Member
registered user
I've been tracking Beatrix Linux also (a Knoppix derivative) that I hope to use on an old IBM ThinkPad 380ED (166Mhz, max memory capability of 80mb). People have noted this exact same problem on the ThinkPad 380ED and some ThinkPad 600 series laptops when using the 2.6 kernel. Has anyone found a resolution for this?
-
Forgot about this thread
Man,
I forgot about this thread..
I did get the thinkpad to accept knoppix26, this past weekend.
This is what I have successfully inputed into the bootup sequence;
knoppix26 lang=us dma pnpbios=off noscsi
NOTE the last 2 items. They are important in getting a suucessful boot on my ThinkPad 770x
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thank you!!!! Your codes allowed me to boot the Beatrix livecd on my ThinkPad 380ED at last! My gratitude is endless :>)
Similar Threads
-
By coogor in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
-
By coogor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 09:57 PM
-
By rwcitek in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By mailman42 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 06:41 PM
-
By edfinegan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24