-
Hardware configuration
Hi
I'm new to the board so sorry if this has been discussed before.
I think I must be missing a fundimental point here.
I've been using SuSE for a few months and now I try Knoppix, so I'm used to using YaST to configure hardware (network, printers, sound, whatever) ~ with a nice easily understandable gui.
I guess this might be more of a debian issue than Knoppix but I cant seem to find anything similar to do the same YaST job in Knoppix.
I gather that linuxconf is suppost to supply whats required but having tried it that seems sadly lacking in functionality.
Any pointers would be so-so much appreciated.
Many thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
What do you want to do?
rock
-
Thanks for the reply.
Well first it would be nice to get my Orinoco card working.
I've just downloaded the latest Knoppix and entered all the wlan network details etc.. as prompted during my hdinstall.
But my Orinoco flashes and wont connect to my network.
I'm very familiar with 802.11b so I'm sure that I've entered the details correctly.
Incidently a wired connection with Xircom Realport 10/100 works fine.
Then my sound card would also be nice (IBM tp600).
Thanks again
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sorry I can't help you much with either of your problems, there have been many posts regarding wireless networking, so do a search here and see what you find.
rock
Similar Threads
-
By RJDavison in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 11:45 AM
-
By Zadel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 07:08 AM
-
By AdamTruth in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99