Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hardware configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    Hardware configuration

    Hi

    I'm new to the board so sorry if this has been discussed before.

    I think I must be missing a fundimental point here.
    I've been using SuSE for a few months and now I try Knoppix, so I'm used to using YaST to configure hardware (network, printers, sound, whatever) ~ with a nice easily understandable gui.

    I guess this might be more of a debian issue than Knoppix but I cant seem to find anything similar to do the same YaST job in Knoppix.

    I gather that linuxconf is suppost to supply whats required but having tried it that seems sadly lacking in functionality.

    Any pointers would be so-so much appreciated.

    Many thanks.


  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    What do you want to do?

    rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the reply.

    Well first it would be nice to get my Orinoco card working.
    I've just downloaded the latest Knoppix and entered all the wlan network details etc.. as prompted during my hdinstall.
    But my Orinoco flashes and wont connect to my network.
    I'm very familiar with 802.11b so I'm sure that I've entered the details correctly.
    Incidently a wired connection with Xircom Realport 10/100 works fine.

    Then my sound card would also be nice (IBM tp600).

    Thanks again


  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Sorry I can't help you much with either of your problems, there have been many posts regarding wireless networking, so do a search here and see what you find.

    rock

Similar Threads

  1. Hardware Autodetection
    By RJDavison in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
  2. Add special hardware to the hardware detection on boot
    By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
  3. hardware
    By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 11:45 AM
  4. Locating hardware
    By Zadel in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 07:08 AM
  5. Hardware?
    By AdamTruth in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive picture

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive

$24.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop picture

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop

$42.99



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00