I am now having the same problem-- what is causing this??!
This morning we had a power failure and now my persistent home Knoppix won't boot up properly. It says, amongst other things, that it doesn't have write access to /home/knoppix/.ICEauthority and when it drops me to a shell there's obviously something wrong with that and some other files - I/O error if I try to do "ls -l" or "ls -ld" on those files/directories.
I tried fsck on /KNOPPIX and then on /dev/cloop but it won't do anything - on /dev/cloop it reports that it can't find fsck.iso9660 (I think that's the right number).
Is there any way to repair my persistent home directory without having to copy what's still valid somwhere else and then reconstituting a new one from scratch?
Naturally, I don't have a recent backup.![]()
Best Wishes
Pete
I am now having the same problem-- what is causing this??!

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01