Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: are knoppix-specific packages apt-gettable from somewhere?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    are knoppix-specific packages apt-gettable from somewhere?

    I'm remastering Knoppix and I need to make it as small as possible. In apt-get removing packages, I noticed that knoppix-specific (i.e. not Debian's) files where deb packaged too. If some of these knoppix-specific packages are ever uninstalled and I want to restore them... where can I get the .deb's to reinstall them? Is there a deb repository with them? Are they somewhere in the CD? Thanks a lot!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298

    Re: are knoppix-specific packages apt-gettable from somewher

    Quote Originally Posted by gpirujo
    I'm remastering Knoppix and I need to make it as small as possible. In apt-get removing packages, I noticed that knoppix-specific (i.e. not Debian's) files where deb packaged too. If some of these knoppix-specific packages are ever uninstalled and I want to restore them... where can I get the .deb's to reinstall them? Is there a deb repository with them? Are they somewhere in the CD? Thanks a lot!!
    well, its possible for sure. there is a knoppix repository. maybe its already in the standard knoppix-sources.list, or you can find it on this site. (I dont run knoppix, and cant find it now. but I am sure you can find it quite easy. use google, if you have too)

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Some pkgs are available from:
    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/

Similar Threads

  1. How to select specific applications in ur Distro......?
    By Adeel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 10:52 PM
  2. Knoppix Repository ... for knoppix specific packages
    By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 07:22 PM
  3. how do i force specific resolution AND refresh?
    By ryoken in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2003, 02:56 AM
  4. Language-specific versions?
    By coder4hire in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2003, 12:49 AM
  5. more specific information...
    By zeus916 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic ICs - Lot of 4 - SOLDER PULLS picture

Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic ICs - Lot of 4 - SOLDER PULLS

$175.00



RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ* picture

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*

$299.99



Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX picture

Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX

$850.00



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99



Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk picture

Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk

$250.00



VINTAGE INFOCOM 1983 Catalog Our Worlds and Welcome to Them #F8 picture

VINTAGE INFOCOM 1983 Catalog Our Worlds and Welcome to Them #F8

$16.00



Vintage Infocom 1986 sales brochure catalog Six new worlds in 1986 #F9 picture

Vintage Infocom 1986 sales brochure catalog Six new worlds in 1986 #F9

$16.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99