-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: How to I network two PCs together with Ethernet

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
By the way, you do know that the color of the cross-over cable is a non-issue, don't you?
Wondering the same thing myself, although I have noticed that some manufacturers tend to color code within their own brands. I bought a Belkin cross-over (before I learned how to make my own), and it appeared that they were all colored orange. At Home Depot, it seems that Blue Cat5 is plenum-rated. Problem is that I don't think their competitors are jumping on the bandwagon.
jd
Similar Threads
-
By kubikanber in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Retro Asante MacCon II ET Rev C Ethernet Card for Mac 09-00100 Nubus
$49.95

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4
$59.45

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00