-
netcardconfig doesn't work after apt-get install
Hi:
I have been installing some packages in my hd installed knoppix 3.4 and have obtained many times the same result, I can't connect to internet because netcardconfig fails. It says "operation failed"
If I try doing
Code:
ifconfig eth0 up
pump -i eth0
It doen't work. It is something I don't understand. My system language is set to spanish but after doing "apt-get install package " (i don't know if is just one package that does it) when I restart my system, variables LANG and LANGUAGE are set to:
Code:
LANG="de_DE@euro"
LANGUAGE="de"
I supose it is related, but don't know how to restore the last correct values to work my network card. I have tried changing the values of some files in /etc/sysconfig but it doesn't work too.
Is there a way to solve it without reinstalling my knoppix?
[/code]
Similar Threads
-
By koselan in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
-
By drakon34 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By arthag in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By Zak in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 01:00 PM
-
By JNeuhoff in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99