You need to edit the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as root.
I believe in knoppix all you have to do is change:
toCode:InputDevice "Serial Mouse" "CorePointer"
That line should be near the top of the file.Code:InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
My problem is because I had a serial mouse installed on knoppix.
But I changed the serial mouse to a PS/2 mouse, and the mouse
now is not detected by the system.![]()
I have knoppix installed on HD, and my old serial mouse
died, so I did the change to PS/2.
Please help!![]()
You need to edit the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as root.
I believe in knoppix all you have to do is change:
toCode:InputDevice "Serial Mouse" "CorePointer"
That line should be near the top of the file.Code:InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
Simply comment one line in XF86Config-4 and uncomment the other one.
Hello I have done the same thing on both my laptop and desktop and the mice run fine, but i cannot seem to get the optical mouse to work in either computer!!!!! It is a USB optical mouse. I would really like to use it if any of you guys have suggestions. My laptop has a touch pad and it worked fine with default settings when i installed Knoppix 3.4. I attached a USB wheel mouse and changed that line in /etc/x11/xf86config-4 from ps/2 mouse to usb mouse and it worked. But i tried to get my USB optical mouse to work, on BOTH laptop and desktop but its a no - go. What stinks is my wife bought me that optical mouse for a birthday present and i would like to be able to use it. thanks for any help....bob![]()

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99