You need to edit the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as root.
I believe in knoppix all you have to do is change:
toCode:InputDevice "Serial Mouse" "CorePointer"
That line should be near the top of the file.Code:InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
My problem is because I had a serial mouse installed on knoppix.
But I changed the serial mouse to a PS/2 mouse, and the mouse
now is not detected by the system.![]()
I have knoppix installed on HD, and my old serial mouse
died, so I did the change to PS/2.
Please help!![]()
You need to edit the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as root.
I believe in knoppix all you have to do is change:
toCode:InputDevice "Serial Mouse" "CorePointer"
That line should be near the top of the file.Code:InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
Simply comment one line in XF86Config-4 and uncomment the other one.
Hello I have done the same thing on both my laptop and desktop and the mice run fine, but i cannot seem to get the optical mouse to work in either computer!!!!! It is a USB optical mouse. I would really like to use it if any of you guys have suggestions. My laptop has a touch pad and it worked fine with default settings when i installed Knoppix 3.4. I attached a USB wheel mouse and changed that line in /etc/x11/xf86config-4 from ps/2 mouse to usb mouse and it worked. But i tried to get my USB optical mouse to work, on BOTH laptop and desktop but its a no - go. What stinks is my wife bought me that optical mouse for a birthday present and i would like to be able to use it. thanks for any help....bob![]()

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital 2TB WD2003FYYS-02W0B0 3.5" SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive
$44.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00
Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" Enterprise SATA 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724020ALA640
$54.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$51.99