-
Knoppix freezes while browsing.
Knoppix recently started freezing randomly when I'm on the computer. It USUALLY happens after I click a link. This happens in Mozilla, Firefox and even Konqueror.
At first, I thought it was my configuration, as when I tried to load it at the next boot. I had a long list of error messages saying "free blocks count corrupted for block group 16" So I tried not loading it, it still froze afterwards. Then I tried not loading my persistent home, and it still froze afterwards too, right after I click a link. I tried loading it from my HD through a poor man's install and it froze too in the same circumstances. Right now, Knoppix is loaded from the CD, no cheatcodes of any kind. I'll see if it freezes too.
There's no error message whatsoever, afterwards and I've tried searching the forums and found nothing. It just freezes, and my mouse and keyboard is unusable.
My specs are as follows
P4 1.6 ghz
512 MB RAM
20 gig HD in FAT32 (just one partition)
SBLive! Sound card
Geforce 2 MX400.
Any ideas on what's going on?
Similar Threads
-
By ans_iitg in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
-
By Dominator in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 02:55 AM
-
By adyga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By Engon in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 12:15 AM
-
By robert01483 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96

IBM 00FN709 X3850 X6 Compute Book 3837 Barebone
$114.99