-
Knoppix hangs after bootscreen
Ok I want to start this by saying I'm a newbie at anything Linux and I just downloaded Knoppix. I downloaded it because I want to clean my brothers computer of a virus and I can't do it under windows, but that's not the point. I tried booting with knoppix and it worked until I got a "Out of range" error from the monitor on my brother's PC. I tried everything I knew of and only the failsafe mode worked but I couldn't use the mouse..bummer. But I got around to deleting the file I wanted...
Then I wanted to try it on my notebook ( compaq presario 2105us ) equipped with 512 meg DDR and a ATI radeon Mobility video card. I could see the booth screen but when I hit enter to boot the screen goes black and it seems like the OS hangs. I can't hear the cd spinning or the computer working. The only way it works is if I run it in failsafe mode but then my mouse and keyboard ( the mouse being the touchpad and the keyboard being the notebook keyboard ) don't seem to work and the OS takes an aweful lot of time to load... my computer is a 1.8 ghz (AMD) and my brothers is a 500 ghz (Intel) but the OS loads faster on my brothers PC. All in all, I can't do anything on my notebook with Knoppix and I really can't run knoppix on my brothers PC other than with failsafe mode.
Can anybody help me with this... I really don't know Linux or Knoppix enough to get through that alone
Thanks
Max
Similar Threads
-
By Dr4k3 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 07:52 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 05:36 PM
-
By Athalon1951 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:23 PM
-
By TeCuMSeH in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:22 PM
-
By ariszlo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00