-
Installing Knoppix on a debian-knoppix (?) partition
Hi
I was wondering if is possible to install knoppix on top of my existing debian partition (installed from knoppix)
I ask because my old installation could never recognize my sound card and I could never get it to work manually. I would just like to "update" my partition with a working sound card (sound works with 3.2 cd)
Yea yea, I know I should just hack my way around to get sound working but I've did everything I could (not much, but still...) and never got anything working.
I guess what I want is not exactly to reinstall a new knoppix but "repair" my debian with this latest CD... If all come to worse I will just reinstall but I'd like to be sure I can save my /home directory first...
Oh and I have another question... how do I add knoppix/debian to grub? I could not find bzImage anywhere is there an other place where my grub.conf file should point to?
Thanks for your time...
Similar Threads
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:01 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 03:15 AM
-
By gtgoku in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:02 AM
-
By brjhaverkamp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99