Come on.. 92 views and no replys? The answer should be simple enough.. someone please help me here.
1) I'm having trouble setting the harddrive permissions.. I've seen other posts about it, but I couldn't figure it out. I want to make it so that both of my partitions (hda1 and hda3) are always read/write for everyone.
2) After about 10-15 minutes of being on, my sound just dies.. The only thing that works is the Line In.. no system beeps, media files, gaim sounds, etc work..
Thanks for any help.
Come on.. 92 views and no replys? The answer should be simple enough.. someone please help me here.
GNU-FaNtAsMa:
You need to give us more information to work with, such as:
1. post the /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda3 lines from your /etc/fstab file
2. what sound modules are loaded? Post the output of lsmod
3. What audio messages appear in dmesg and /var/log/messages?
As it stands, your questions are too vague to answer.
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.Originally Posted by Radagast
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1 auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda2 none swap defaults 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
How do I do the Ismod thing? Sorry, I'm a newb to linux yet. What do I open the messages and dmesg files with?
:EDIT: figured out dmesg, but it says access denied when I try to open the messages file.. even in the root shell.
i810: Intel ICH4 found at IO 0xe100 and 0xe000, MEM 0x1ff00000 and 0x1ff00200, IRQ 17
i810: Intel ICH4 mmio at 0xe0926000 and 0xe0928200
i810_audio: Primary codec has ID 0
i810_audio: Audio Controller supports 6 channels.
i810_audio: Defaulting to base 2 channel mode.
i810_audio: Resetting connection 0
i810_audio: Connection 0 with codec id 0
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: ALG64 (Unknown)
i810_audio: AC'97 codec 0 supports AMAP, total channels = 2
Your /dev/hda1 partition is root, so it should not be read write for everyone. You can set the other partition to read/write for all by first mounting it and then setting the permissions:
bash# mount /mnt/hda1
bash# cd /mnt/hda1
bash# chmod -R a=rw
I have never used that sound module so can't help you with that.
later,
radagast.

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00