-
Only root can log in...?
Hello,
I've done a hard disk install of Knoppix 3.1 and it works great except for one oddity. If I configure the system to boot up to a command line (default runlevel = 3, right?), then the "knoppix" user (default, created by the install) or any other users I have created since the install cannot log on. As soon as I type the user name, the message "Login incorrect" is returned. The root user can log in just fine. And if I switch the runlevel back to 5 for graphical login, then any of the users are able to sign on just as they should. I know this is a newbie question, but it really has me stumped. Other than that, I am really enjoying the install of Knoppix. It is my favorite distsro that I have tried so far. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.
- G.
Similar Threads
-
By Amdmhz in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:21 PM
-
By daemax in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 02:05 AM
-
By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:13 AM
-
By rbeabout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 05:15 PM
-
By KnoDeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00